If you’re looking to stay in a local home Airbnb with character, you will love these unique USA stays from glamping hobbit homes to airstreams to airplane hangers to boats. Join Airbnb for free and get up to $55 off your first trip with this LINK HERE.
1. Hop aboard a pirate’s life houseboat in Charleston. This rebuilt tiny home sleeps 3 comfortably and is only about 2 miles to Charleston’s historic district. STAY HERE
2. Travel back in time in this colorful restored 1964 vintage airstream caravan. It is located in Oakland, about a 20-minute BART ride away from San Francisco. STAY HERE
3. Stay in an underground hobbit-inspired dwelling in the Columbia River Gorge mountainside in Washington. Through the round doorway you will be transported to a Tolkien fandom fantasy surrounded by 6 acres to hike and explore. In the winter months you’ll need four wheel drive. See more hobbit inspired USA Airbnb stays or if you’re ready to book click STAY HERE
4. The Pirates of the Caribbean Getaway in Topanga Canyon, California is a private tropical getaway for adults only. Explore the romantic surroundings which include waterfalls and a tipi and indoor shower and outdoor bathtub. STAY HERE
5. If you’re looking to go off the grid, stay at this Adobe Dome in the desert. It is located in Terlingua, Texas, a 25 minute drive to Big Bend National Park and is in one of the few remaining dark sky territories. There is a private outhouse next to the dome. It has also been featured on HGTV’s “Mighty Tiny houses.” STAY HERE
6. The ‘Silo Studio’ Cottage was formerly a round studio for Henry Hudson Kitson on the Santarella Estate in Tyringham, MA. The 35-foot-high conical ceiling includes a canopied bed upstairs with views through the trees and lily pond. STAY HERE
7. Stay in a vintage airstream in Mill Valley outside San Francisco, California. Every detail of the curvaceous interior is reminiscent of the period décor including retro style kitchen appliances. The bathroom alone is travel goals with map wallpaper to inspire your next trip. STAY HERE
8. If you’ve ever wanted to go glamping or stay in a tree house, you can hit two birds with one stone by staying here in Geneva, Florida. This adults-only playground includes an 18-foot yurt, tree trunk elevator, shower and a real toilet! STAY HERE
9. Stay next door in a man cave located in an active airplane hanger where the owner works on classic cars. STAY HERE
10. The Land Yacht camper in Joshua Tree is a 31-foot airstream turned private glamping home. It includes a private deck with a large stock tank pool on the boundary of the National Park with beautiful views! STAY HERE
11. Go glamping in the Cathedral Rock Belle in Sedona Arizona complete with a king-size bed. This is the only property on the creek with a view of Cathedral rock one of the most famous attractions in the area. STAY HERE
12. Stay in a modern container home perfect for a beach vacation in Carolina Beach, NC. There are two Conch container houses you can rent one or both for larger groups. STAY HERE
13. Embrace remote living in this rock house built into the Navajo Sandstone, in Boulder, Utah. STAY HERE
14. Retreat to a relaxing Tipi life in the Ozarks in Park Hills, Missouri. This top-rated cozy spot loves to spoil guests with highly experienced hospitality. STAY HERE
Join Airbnb for free and get up to $55 off your first trip with this LINK HERE.